Thursday, December 15, 2011

Santa Mitten

Yikes it’s been quite some time since I posted, but here I am back again after a fun but busy time for the craft fair.

After a very mild November the weather has changed here with a bit of snow this week and decidedly colder weather. So it’s back to the gloves, hats and scarves again. This reminded me of a pair of mittens I knitted a few years ago for a friend’s little one, which she always called her Santa mittens. Now she’s all grown up (12 1\2!) and I hope she likes her Santa mitten Christmas card.

DSCN9199
Stamps (Hero Arts) – Holly Flourish, Stunning Snowflakes and Small Variety Alphabet.

For the background I applied tumbled glass distress ink to white card and using the same ink stamped the Holly Flourish Background. On another piece of white card I white embossed the snowflakes, applied barn door distress ink and cut out a mitten shape. For the top of the mitten I knitted a piece in single rib pattern using wool left over from making the original mittens - I really shouldn't hoard things! I made a little pocket at the back of the mitten to hold the gift card and attached the ho ho ho sentiment (stamped in barn door distress ink) to it so the gift card could be pulled out.

Hopefully it won't be another month before I post again!

12 comments:

Lin said...

Heather, I've really missed your always creative posts - so glad to find this today! What a cute card! Merry Christmas, my friend, to you and your family!

CinnamonSally said...

This is such a cute idea Heather love the added knitting to your mittens.

Patricia said...

I miss you my friend your card is amazing I love your mitten =)

Rachel said...

great gift card holder! i love the soft frill along the edge, too

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh this is so much fun, cute card! Good to see you back in action again with your crafting!

Barb said...

Miss you so much when you're not around, Heather! Love this darling card! That mitten is awesome with the fun, fluffy wool! Hugs to you! :)

Trinh said...

Oh this is so adorable & clever, Heather! Glad you're back to crafting again. Hope you & your family have a wonderful Christmas!

Dawn T said...

such a cute card Heather. So clever to use the knitting.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your mitten card, Heather! That fuzzy top is so soft looking!

Anne said...

Oh Heather it is so nice to see post from you! LOVE your adorable Santa mitten gift card holder- the top looks so soft and wonderful. Don't feel bad about not blogging....I have not had time to post more than once a month too- hey we are all very busy!

Maureen Morton said...

Dear Heather - so glad you have posted! Hope the holiday fair was a big hit (maybe you will share some news?). This is adorable and such a fun design. Love that knitted accent on the mitten. Great color combo, too. Have a happy!

Nona said...

Love LOVE this adorable pocket card, Heather! A BIG congrats on your Fab5 win! Hope you and your family have a very merry Christmas :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails